Sunday, May 11, 2008

Weekend

I can't believe that in a blink of an eye, the weekend is over again. Well, this was a GREAT weekend. I started it right by going to the famous Bay Meadows Race Track in San Mateo on Friday night. Rumor has it that this was their last weekend and that the developers have finally won the fight between more horse races and more condos... For someone who has never seen live horse races before, this was a real treat!

Bay Meadows Race Track

Bay Meadows Race Track

I SO wish my lens was faster though!

On Saturday Henry and I decided to stop by the Central Park in San Mateo and do some impromptu photo shoot... I had just received my Sigma 18-200 in the mail on Friday and after a somewhat disappointing race track lens trial (it's a bit too slow for the fast actions in the dark) I really want to make sure I would be happy with it. Well, after this shoot, I can say I am pretty happy with it as an all purpose walk around lens. Of course, it doesn't beat having individual F/2.8 lenses, but for $449 and no need to carry a giant bag all around town it's pretty nice.

Central Park

Central Park

Central Park

I would have preferred better looking bokeh on that last shot there, but again, it's pretty decent both from a long and a short range...

Now if I can just find myself a nice polarizing filter before the Hawaii trip...

1 comment:

xoxoalk said...

those are such amazing shots!