Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Back to the Real World

So after a week in paradise, I have to return to real life. But the good news is that I will be able to start blogging regularly again, and boy are there a lot of things I want to talk about, including stuff that happened on the trip.

Our AC guy is not quite done with our AC/heating units. It turns out that the units don't really fit very well underneath our house, which poses a problem when it comes to servicing. So they decided to put the units in the garage instead (we have a really tall garage) but that meant all the ducting and vents they did over the last week are useless as they were coming out from the floor and now they have to all come from the ceiling. It's not a huge inconvenience (mostly because I really like my contractors, they are great to work with) but coming back from 80+ degree weather it sure gets cold at night with no heat! We bundled up last night and will have to do it again tonight!

During our trip we also let our contractor refinish our hardwood floor that was hidden underneath disgusting old blue carpet. Now we have nice hardwood floors for almost the whole house (minus the office cuz we had too much stuff). The biggest problem that arose from that was the doors now are too small. Without the extra few inches the carpets added, the door ends about 2 inches above the hardwood, leaving a pretty comic gap I never preconceived. Guess that means we should get new doors!

I don't plan to talk about work in my blogs, because I think that's inappropriate. But I will say although it was hard coming back I was really productive and got through almost ALL of my emails and even got a few projects out the door.

That's my quick update. We took TONS of pictures in Hawaii so will be blogging about that soon!

No comments: