Monday, June 16, 2008

My Veggie Garden

I haven't blogged much at all about my garden so far... So here goes.

Last year, I planted two zucchini plants and of course, I was blessed with non-stop zucchinis for the whole summer. I even managed a few calf-size ones worthy of entering into the state fair (but didn't).

Because I was so successful last year with the beautiful California weather, this year I went crazy and planted not only zucchinis, but also cantaloupe, honeydew, a bunch of herbs (ok I had those last year too) and most adventurous of all, 9 heirloom tomato plants!

For my own sanity, I am listing them here (so I can remember):
Black Krim
Black Krim Cherry
Big Boy
First Pick
Tigerella
Boxcar Willie
Purple Calabash
Marvel Stripe
Green Zebra

I also planted some hybrid called Park Whopper ~ but those are from seed so not sure if any are actually taking.

Here are some pictures (I think these are of the Marvel Stripe):

My Tomato Plants

My Tomato Plants

Now comes the 60-100 days of waiting for them to turn big and ripe.

I am so excited!!

No comments: