Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Naive or paranoid?

Maybe it is TV news sensationalizing everything, but I feel that these days there are scary things happening everywhere, you have to be a little more careful. Am I being overly cautious? Whatever happened to us trusting that we are all good?

For example, I bought something online from a guy who happens to live across the country, and after I sent him the money, I haven't heard a single peep from him. Granted it's only been 1.5 days. But I thought a quick, "received the money, your package will be shipped shortly" would be nice. Now, we had many email correspondences back and forth and it just seems like a hard way to con me out of $60... so, I have faith that he is just too busy to respond and the package is really on its way... and that only time will tell if I just got suckered out of $60. But why do I even have that doubt in my head in the first place? And when do I realize that my fear has turned into reality?

And then, we are having a garage sale this weekend, so I posted a listing in craigslist, mentioning some of the most expensive items. But then I got this person who says he's really interested in this one item and would like to come see it tonight. I agreed, but the only thoughts that are going through my head are that he's either a serial killer or a robber who's going to rob me of my stuff when he comes over tonight. EEP! He sounded perfectly nice on the phone, but is it weird that he wants to come before the weekend? Should I have not agreed to let him come this evening?

No comments: